Your Belongings and Water Damage
Salvaging Belongings After a Disaster Restoration
While part of our disaster restoration team is extracting water and installing equipment, another portion restoring your belongings in our cleaning facility.
- Move Out Services. If your items can’t be cleaned in your home, they are moved to our cleaning facility and then returned to you.
- Cleaning of Belongings. We use advanced equipment, detergents, biocides, and techniques to achieve the highest rate of restoration.
- Clothing and Textile Restoration. Using the Esporta Wash System, we clean over 90% of a home’s belongings with a success rate of 85%+ -- the highest in the industry.
Full-Service SERVPRO in Dallas
Do you need guidance for your water mitigation in Dallas Fort Worth? Contact Us. We offer free consultations.
Save vs Replace
Our goal is to save as many of your items. We’ve invested in the industry’s most advanced restoration equipment and training to make this possible, like the Esporta Wash System. Our commitment to saving your belongings results in:
- Keeping your cherished items. We are often asked to salvage emotionally important items that simply can’t be replaced, like baby blankets and wedding dresses.
- Faster service. Once your items have been cleaned, they are returned back to you. This process is much faster than waiting for your insurance adjuster to appraise your items and agree to pay out your claim.
- Lower costs. We clean your items when restoration results in a lower cost than replacement.
Water Damage Restoration in Dallas and Your Belongings
If You Have Questions or Need Help,
Call Us Today – (972) 986-7677
SERVPRO of North Irving specializes in restoring contents damaged by fire, water, or mold. Our expertise and “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including the following:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to wet cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand wet cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if wet cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of North Irving can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including the following:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of North Irving can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a water emergency strikes, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most