What Is Black Mold?
Black Mold Removal in Dallas
Stachybotrys Chartarum is usually the type of mold people are talking about when discussing black mold. Stachybotrys is known for producing allergens, and this causes concern for many Dallas families that see it on their property. Let’s keep in mind:
- Not all black mold is Stachybotrys.
- Not all mold produces toxins.
- We treat all mold remediation with equal caution.
Mold Safety Tips for Dallas
Whether you are experiencing mold symptoms or not, safety is a priority. Consider:
- Don’t disturb the mold. Air flow will disturb the spores causing them to travel.
- Avoid mold spray. It may disturb the mold and cause it to spread.
- If possible, leave the area and keep children and pets away.
- There is no guarantee that washing clothes with mold will remove the spores.
Contact Us for a Free Mold Inspection in Dallas
If you suspect or see mold, Contact Us. We’ll contact you to schedule a time for inspection.
Black Mold Remediation Process in Dallas
Every Dallas property is different and requires a customized solution. We are a full-service licensed Texas Mold Remediation Company capable of handling 100% of your remediation. When you partner with us, you can expect:
Step 1: Mold Inspection and Texas Mold Law Documentation (If Necessary)
Step 2: Containment and HEPA Air Purifier Installation
Step 3: Mold Removal, Including Clothing
Step 4: Reconstruction (If Necessary)
Detailed information about the mold remediation process can be found in our article "Mold Remediation in Dallas".
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of North Irving immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 986-7677
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Irving is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
SERVPRO of North Irving proudly serves Dallas, Irving, and surrounding areas.