Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Biohazard Cleanup Procedures
Our technicians are trained to handle all types of biohazards such as bloodborne pathogen cleanup caused by death or trauma.
We learn about the type of biohazard we will be handling. Our technicians prepare their equipment and biocides accordingly.
Our goal is to remove the biohazard agents without needing to demolish any portion of your home. In some instances, partial demolition may be necessary to guarantee the removal of the contaminant.
The biohazards are bagged to comply with OSHA standards and then are disposed of at a medical waste facility.
If any part of your property needed demolition, it will be rebuilt.
Blood Stain Removal
We may be able to remove blood stains from your property and belongings. We’ve had success with blood stain removal in:
- Hard Surfaces
- Textiles (linens, sheets, blankets)
- Upholstery (sofas, chairs, mattresses)
Texas Disaster Restoration & Biohazard Cleaning
Disaster situations are often biohazards. This makes cleanup by a professional disaster restoration company all the more necessary--you want to make sure your property is taken care of properly for your safety.
- Storm Flooding Water Damage. Rising water from a severe storm or hurricane is considered Category 3 Black Water.
- Fire Damage. Smoke and soot may carry carcinogens and other irritants that are harmful to a person’s health.
- Mold Remediation. Mold is treated with care due to its ability to be toxic. Read more about Texas Mold Law.
Full-Service SERVPRO in Dallas
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (972) 986-7677
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of North Irving has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Las Colinas
- Valley Ranch
- Dallas Medical District
- DFW Airport
- Irving Arts District
- Northgate Heights
- Fox Glen
- Windsor Ridge
- Cottonwood Valley
- Valley Ranch