Dallas Restoration Expert Water Damage Cleanup Tips
Water damages vary in severity, and not all of them require a professional water damage restoration company to be called to your property.
How do you know when you can handle the water damage on your own versus calling a professional?
- Consider the source of the water. Do you have ready access to it so you can shut it off? If the source of the water damage is something you can’t control, call a professional. They will locate the source and stop it.
- Consider the type of water. There are three (3) categories of water: 1, 2, and 3. Cat 1 water is clean. This is water that comes from a clean pipe, like a faucet or sink. Cat 2 and Cat 3 water is contaminated, with Cat 3 water being so contaminated that it poses a threat to human health. Think of Cat 3 water being sewage, water dripping from the ceiling, or even rising water from floods. If you’re dealing with Cat 2 or Cat 3 contaminated water, call a professional.
- Consider the amount of water. If it’s more than you can handle with a mop and a bucket, chances are that the water’s flow is not well controlled and it’s likely found its water behind your walls and underneath your floor. If this is the case, call a professional damage restoration company.
- Is there also fire damage? If your water damage was a result of someone putting out a fire, then your restoration project needs both water and fire damage restoration--a process that is best left to professionals who can handle the work safely.
Whatever route you decide to take, make sure to handle the water damage as soon as possible. Water that is allowed to sit will eventually damage the surfaces it's on and will result in mold growth.
Free Water Damage Cleanup Estimate
If you decide on using a professional water damage restoration company in Dallas, give us a call anytime at (972) 986-7677 or contact us online. We’ll visit your property and conduct a water damage inspection for free.
All insurance claims are accepted.
Water Damage Restoration Tips
If your water is manageable with the tools you have at home, then follow the following tips to make sure it’s taken care of properly.
- Take care of the water immediately. Water that lingers will eventually become contaminated and cause mold growth.
- Extract all of the water. Use a wet shop vac or mop to pick up the water. Make sure to look under furniture, too. If the furniture is too low to the ground, consider picking it up by putting small pieces of wood on its feet to help elevate it.
- Set drying equipment. Put fans on the floor to help everything dry. If the humidity outside is low, open the windows and let that warm, dry air in.
- Clean and sanitize everything the water touched. This is a good safety precaution to take in case the water had any contaminants.
- Did you use any towels to help? Wash them immediately. Use a hot wash cycle and bleach if possible.
We’re a SERVPRO in Dallas
We are located minutes west of Downtown Dallas. Our location is conveniently located near all major highways so we can get anywhere in DFW within a few minutes.
Our technicians are available for dispatch 24-hours a day, every day of the year. Call us anytime for water damage restoration in Dallas or any surrounding city.
We’re Here to Help.