Mold Remediation Dallas
What is mold?
Mold is a naturally occurring fungus. It’s present in all kinds of environments, both indoors and outdoors. Mold spores are microscopic and spread through the air, which makes mold growth easy when its disturbed by air. The best environment for mold growth is a dark, warm, and humid room. We often see the need for mold remediation in rooms where a source of water is introduced, like kitchens, bathrooms, attics, and laundry rooms.
What does mold look like?
Mold can have different looks. Keep in mind that no one knows exactly how many types of mold exist, but estimates are in the hundreds of thousands! The two most common types of mold we see have:
- Spots - black, green, white, yellow, or other colors
- Fuzzy growth - it’ll look like it has tiny hair on it
What does mold smell like?
Mold has a musty smell. Some people may also describe it as sweet.
Mold Inspection Dallas
If you suspect mold in your home, we’re glad to provide a free mold assessment and bid to anyone in Dallas Fort Worth. We can many times be at your property within 24 hours, especially if you’re in the greater Dallas area. Our mold remediation specialist will visit your property and check the common trouble spots for mold, like bathrooms, the kitchen, and laundry room. They’ll also ask if you’ve ever had a water damage or pipe leak. Sometimes mold growth is obvious. We usually see mold on walls or mold on carpets. Other times, more investigative work is needed.
If we find mold damage in your home, we’ll provide you with a bid for mold remediation. We have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor license, and we’re trusted professional mold experts in Dallas Fort Worth. The Texas licensing office responsible for Mold Law is the Texas Department of State Health Services.
Different Types of Mold in Homes
When we do find mold in a property, we’re often asked what kind of mold it is. There are common molds found in homes that we remediate on a daily basis, but for us to be sure of its exact kind, we need to perform mold testing. We commonly find:
Professional Mold Testing
Even though we are glad to perform mold testing, is it almost never necessary. Unless you have a health or insurance-related reason to know, we advise you to skip testing, and its added expense, and go straight to mold remediation services. Our mold specialists treat any kind of mold we find with the same level of care and safety.
Black Mold Removal Dallas
The most common concern from our clients is when they find black mold in their property. We understand why they request emergency mold removal -- there are many websites that have articles written about the toxicity of black mold. While not all black-colored mold is toxic, it’s best to err on the side of caution.
If you are suffering from serious health effects, leave the area until our mold specialists can visit your property. We can respond to almost every request for a mold inspection within one to two days. Be aware that the size of the mold growth determines the procedure we can legally perform mold remediation services. At the very least, our technicians can set up containment and air scrubbers with HEPA filtration to help improve the condition of your home.
Proper Mold Removal and Texas Mold Law
Mold remediation steps involve Texas Mold Law. Let’s say we do find mold on your property. One of two things will happen.
- The Mold is Under 25 Contiguous Feet
Contiguous means the mold is touching. Mold of this size requires no documentation to be filed with the State of Texas. This means we can begin mold remediation services immediately.
- The Mold is Over 25 Contiguous Feet
This size of mold falls under Texas Mold Assessment And Remediation Rules (TMARR), which requires:
- A Texas Licensed Mold Assessor to write a Mold Protocol. We cannot legally choose an assessor for you. Instead, we can give you a list of assessors for you to choose from.
- A Texas Licensed Mold Contractor (us) will file a Work Plan and schedule the job with the State of Texas. Once the Work Plan is filed, we must legally wait at least five (5) business days before starting the job.
- When we finish the mold remediation, the Mold Assessor has to check the cleaning to make sure it’s successful. If it is, they will issue a Clearance Document.
- The Texas Licensed Mold contractor (us) can then issue a Certificate of Mold Damage Remediation to you which documents the success of the mold cleanup. Keep this document and give a copy to your insurance provider. You’ll also want to hold on to it for any future home buyer to prove you’ve taken care of your mold problem correctly.
We have dealt with both mold situations many times. We will walk you through the process and make sure you’re taken care of.
SERVPRO Dallas Mold Removal Cost
For us to be able to give you a bid, we have to perform a free mold inspection. We don’t want to promise you one price only to find out that you need less or more mold remediation work done to correctly remediate your home.
There are many mold remediation companies in Dallas Fort Worth, but few are full service. When you trust SERVPRO of North Irving, you can expect:
- A Job File Coordinator to be assigned especially to you. They will work with your insurance company to process your mold remediation claim.
- If you do not have mold coverage or wish to not involve your insurance company, we will provide you with a no-obligation bid.
- We will perform containment, HEPA vacuuming, HEPA air filtration, and mold remediation. If the mold has permanently damaged an area of your home, we will remove it and dispose of it properly. Our reconstruction team will then handle any mold damage repair after remediation is complete.
- If we find contents in your home that have been affected by mold, we can either clean them on the spot or take them back to our cleaning facility for mold removal.
- We are one of the few Esporta certified firms in Dallas Fort Worth, which makes us trained and qualified to remove mold from clothes. If you have moldy clothing, we can also take it back to our cleaning facility.
Trusted Leader in Mold Clean up, Dallas Texas
SERVPRO of North Irving is a water damage restoration and fire and smoke damage restoration company in Dallas Texas. We have performed work in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, McKinney, Grapevine, Waxahachie, Midlothian, Ennis, and other North Texas communities for over 30 years. With our crews responding immediately to jobs, we are faster to any size disaster. We also have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor License and offer free mold inspections. You can trust us to restore your home or business.
Our crews are available dispatch for 24 hour emergencies every day of the year. We can be reached 24/7 at (972) 986-7677. Call us any time!
“Like it never even happened,” only happens here.