Ceiling Damage Restoration in Dallas
A ceiling is a final barrier between the people inside and the elements. It also functions as a finish to cover up structural features such as plumbing, framing, and insulation. Ceiling damage may be the result of user error, such as someone in the attic taking a wrong step.
But when ceiling damage happens because of roof damage or a plumbing problem, that creates a recovery job. Patching up the ceiling damage isn’t enough. It’s important to make sure that there is no extensive damage in the layers behind it. Professional Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration, Building and Reconstruction Services, and Water Damage Repair and Restoration services involve a thorough inspection to assess the extent of the damage.
To prevent ceiling damage from a faulty roof, it’s important to check on it regularly. Below are seven signs that you need a new roof or repair.
- The roof is older than 20 years.
- Shingles in poor condition (cracked, curled, balding, exposed nails).
- Flashing or seal damage (deterioration, damage, or absence of protective flashing and seals around openings such as chimneys, vents, skylights, etc.)
- Visible mold or moss growth.
- Animals or light are able to enter the attic and crawlspace.
- Ceilings bow, sag, or show water stains.
- Signs of flawed construction.
When the ceiling has split open with pieces dangling down for an unknown reason or it’s due to upstairs flooding or storm damage, that’s the time to call the professionals at SERVPRO. We’re here to help 24/7.