Carpet Restoration Services in Dallas, Texas
What is Carpet Restoration?
Carpet restoration is the process of cleaning your carpets after they have been heavily soiled either as a result of regular wear and tear or fire, mold, or water damage. Many carpets can be restored with professional carpet cleaning equipment, detergents, and trained restoration technicians. Restoration and deep wash carpet cleaning are part of regular maintenance for most homes and businesses. Keeping carpets clean can help extend their life.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning
Commercial carpet cleaning should be a regular part of a property’s maintenance throughout the year. Depending on how heavily the carpet is used will determine how often it should be cleaned. Most of our clients request deep wash carpet cleaning twice a year, but there are others who request it on a monthly basis.
In the case of our client, their commercial carpet needed restoration services after small water damage. Many times during water damage, the dirt and soil that was trapped in the carpet’s fibers are released and end up creating what looks like dark stains on the carpet. In extreme cases, there is so much trapped soil that mud streaks appear on the carpet.
The carpet restoration process in a case like this is simple and can be done quickly. The steps include:
- Fix the source of water damage (a leaking pipe, an overflowing toilet, etcetera).
- Extract all excess water.
- Spray virucide on the affected spot of the carpet to kill all bacteria.
- Deep wash the carpet to remove all soil, dirt, and contaminants from the carpet. If the client wishes, we can also use a pleasant scent along with our carpet cleaning detergent. The most requested scent is SERVPRO Citrus Fresh Deodorizer.
- Set drying equipment to dry the carpet and any pad underneath. Drying equipment can include dehumidifiers and air movers.
- Once dry, the carpet can be protected using a protector like Scotchguard.
Other Uses for Restoration Carpet Cleaning
There are many instances when a client needs carpet restoration services. The two most common are after water damage remediation and regular maintenance. Our office is able to also restore carpets after other types of damage, including:
- Fire Damage Restoration. After a fire, a carpet can be restored if the fire has not caused permanent damage such as singe marks. Otherwise, soot and fire smoke particles can sometimes be extracted from a carpet if the damage is light and is done quickly after the event.
- Mold Remediation. If a carpet has mold growing on its surface, it can sometimes be restored if the mold is removed quickly. Mold that is allowed to grow for an extended period of time on a surface will stain it and, eventually, eat through the material.
When Carpet Restoration Isn’t Enough
There are instances when carpet restoration won’t be possible, such as Category 2 and 3 Water Damage, serious fire damage, or long-time mold growth. In these cases, the safest action is to remove the carpet and pad altogether.
When this happens and the restoration is part of an insurance claim, our technicians take an iTel sample of the damaged carpet and send it for testing. With the iTel report, we can discuss replacement costs and quality with your insurance adjuster. When carpet replacement has been approved, one of our reconstruction managers will work with the homeowner to choose the color and texture of their carpet. Shortly afterward, the new carpet is installed.
Full-Service SERVPRO in Dallas
When choosing a company for carpet restoration in Dallas Fort Worth, consider using a full-service company like SERVPRO of North Irving. Whatever damage your carpet has seen, we can guide your next steps. We have served our hometown of DFW for over 30 years and have helped thousands of homeowners restore their properties. We can help you, too.
Call or contact us anytime. We’re ready to help!