Mold Remediation in Valley Ranch TX
What is mold?
Mold is a fungus that is naturally found in nature indoors and outdoors. Mold spreads by making spores, which fly or are carried. It most readily thrives in warm, dark, and moist conditions. It reproduces by consuming cellulose found in wood and drywall.
Mold presents challenges, but any reputable mold removal company should be prepared.
- If it’s allowed to exist long enough, whatever it’s growing on will have mold damage.
- Mold can grow behind walls or under floors.
- Mold begins to grow after 48 hours in a wet environment. This is why emergency water damage remediation is critical.
- There are many home remedies for mold like spraying it with bleach. This often spreads the mold.
- Getting mold out of clothes requires special training and tools. We are one of the few Texas Mold Remediation Contractors in DFW equipped to handle this.
SERVPRO of North Irving is a professional mold removal company and a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We are an expert home mold removal company and in commercial mold remediation. We have performed mold inspection and Dallas mold removal in all of Dallas Fort Worth including downtown Dallas, Dallas Airport, Plano, Red Oak, Plano, Valley Ranch at Las Colinas, and other North Texas communities.
If you have a mold problem in your home or commercial property, give us a call. We’re the Texas Mold Remediation Contractor and mold experts to trust.
SERVPRO of North Irving
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 986-7677
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Irving is locally owned and operated, so we are part of the Valley Ranch community too. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We’re also part of a network of over 1,700, including special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Dallas, TX
- Irving, TX
- Las Colinas, TX
- Valley Ranch, TX
- DFW Airport, TX
- Irving Arts District, TX
- Northgate Heights, TX
- Fox Glen, TX
- Windsor Ridge, TX
- Cottonwood Valley, TX
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (972) 986-7677
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. Our representative will ask a series of questions to help us determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We determine the scope of the mold damage by carefully inspecting your property for visible signs of mold. Since mold can be hidden, we use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. We’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. It may be necessary to remove and dispose of mold-infested porous materials, like drywall and carpeting, to remediate heavy mold growth.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of North Irving will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
During the remediation process, it’s often necessary to remove porous building materials like subfloors, drywall, and carpet. The restoration step returns your Valley Ranch, TX home or business back to normal. Depending on the severity of mold damage, the restoration step may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, or it may involve a substantial reconstruction project.
SERVPRO knows Mold
Here at SERVPRO of North Irving we understand what it takes to properly remediate a mold situation in Valley Ranch, TX. Encountering mold can be worrisome for any homeowner, but SERVPRO is here to put your mind at ease. We have the right tools and trained professionals to get the job done right. Give us a call at (972) 986-7677 and we will be on our way to help.