We’re a Licensed Texas Mold Remediation Contractor
Free Mold Inspections
Contact us anytime to schedule one of our mold experts to visit your property for an inspection. Mold inspections and estimates are complimentary.
Signs of Mold
Sometimes, mold is easy to find--it can grow on just about anything as any color--the most often being black, white, and green.
Other times, finding mold takes investigative work. The first step when detecting mold is usually experiencing its common warning signs, like smelling a sweet, musky scent.
When we perform a mold inspection where mold isn’t visible to the naked eye, we typically look in these most common places for mold growth.
- Any room with a high humidity level. These typically include bathrooms, kitchens, water heater closets, and laundry rooms.
- Any area with pre-existing water damage. If a past flood or leak wasn’t properly taken care of, there’s a chance that leftover moisture has created an environment conducive to mold growth.
- Your attic. We look here because small roof leaks often go undetected, and we want to make sure there is no pooled water.
- We’ll also look for any moisture. We will use an infrared moisture detector to check for cooler-than usual spots than shouldn’t be there. This is usually a sign of pooled water.
SERVPRO of North Irving
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 986-7677
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Fire Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of North Irving is close by and ready to respond to your mold damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member of the Irving Arts District community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Dallas, TX
- Irving, TX
- Las Colinas, TX
- Valley Ranch, TX
- DFW Airport, TX
- Irving Arts District, TX
- Northgate Heights, TX
- Fox Glen, TX
- Windsor Ridge, TX
- Cottonwood Valley, TX
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (972) 986-7677
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
To keep the mold spores from spreading further, we will use various mold containment procedures. Our professionals may use physical barriers and negative air pressure to isolate the contaminated area and to help prevent the mold spores from spreading through your Irving Arts District, TX home or business. Also, we’ll turn off the property’s fans and heating and cooling systems to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold, using a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
During the remediation process, it’s often necessary to remove porous building materials like subfloors, drywall, and carpet. The restoration step returns your Irving Arts District, TX home or business back to normal. Depending on the severity of mold damage, the restoration step may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, or it may involve a substantial reconstruction project.
SERVPRO knows Mold
In Irving Arts District, TX, SERVPRO of North Irving is ready to tackle and resolve any mold issues that arise. SERVPRO professionals understand the anxiety that can happen when a homeowner uncovers mold. Let us help put your worries to rest. Our knowledgeable crew is ready with the gear needed to tackle any mold job. Reach us at (972) 986-7677 - We’re ready to activate our team to remediate your mold.