Mold Remediation Cottonwood Valley
Can mold be prevented?
Any building can have mold damage. Homes and businesses most susceptible have poor ventilation and high humidity. This is especially true in warm, humid climates.
We typically see mold in the following areas:
- Kitchens. We see mold under sinks, refrigerators, and freezers.
- HVAC. We see mold in air ducts, air conditioning drain pans, and compressor lies.
- Carpets, especially entry rugs or those in closets where wet shoes have been left.
- Entryways where condensation builds.
- Crawl spaces. Our mold inspectors will check for growth here.
- Attics where water heaters have leaks or there is a leaky roof.
- Properties with previous water damage that was not restored properly.
- Vehicles. We see mold in cars with uncleaned spills or leaks.
We are a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor that’s been serving DFW for over 30 years. Our team of mold remediation specialists are highly trained and will make sure your property or vehicle is safe.
SERVPRO of North Irving is a professional mold removal company and a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We are an expert home mold removal company and in commercial mold remediation. We have performed mold inspection and mold removal in all of Dallas Fort Worth including downtown Dallas, Waxahachie, Ennis, Arlington, Plano, Cottonwood Valley at Las Colinas, and other North Texas communities.
If you have a mold problem in your home or commercial property, give us a call. We’re the Texas Mold Remediation Contractor and mold experts to trust.
SERVPRO of North Irving
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 986-7677
Some restoration companies advertise “mold removal” and may even guarantee to remove all mold. This is a fallacy because it’s impossible to remove all mold from a house or business; microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. Here are the facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Mold spreads quickly, so a minor mold infestation can quickly escalate into a major problem. We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you contact us. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
SERVPRO of North Irving is locally owned and operated, so we are part of the Cottonwood Valley community too. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help. We’re also part of a network of over 1,700, including special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large-scale fire, water, and storm disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Dallas, TX
- Irving, TX
- Las Colinas, TX
- Valley Ranch, TX
- Dallas Medical District, TX
- DFW Airport, TX
- Irving Arts District, TX
- Northgate Heights, TX
- Fox Glen, TX
- Windsor Ridge, TX
- Cottonwood Valley, TX
- Valley Ranch, TX
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, with advance training in restoration techniques and the experience and specialized equipment to quickly restore your property. Learn about our water damage training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (972) 986-7677
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
We use powerful air scrubbers, HEPA vacuums, and other filtration equipment to remove microscopic mold spores out of the air. This air filtration process and our mold containment process help to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
SERVPRO of North Irving will use a variety of cleaning techniques and products to clean your furnishings and personal belongings. Since mold infestations also cause a persistent musty odor, our professionals are also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
During the remediation process, it’s often necessary to remove porous building materials like subfloors, drywall, and carpet. The restoration step returns your Cottonwood Valley, TX home or business back to normal. Depending on the severity of mold damage, the restoration step may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, or it may involve a substantial reconstruction project.
SERVPRO knows Mold
Here at SERVPRO of North Irving we understand what it takes to properly remediate a mold situation in Cottonwood Valley, TX. Encountering mold can be worrisome for any homeowner, but SERVPRO is here to put your mind at ease. We have the right tools and trained professionals to get the job done right. Give us a call at (972) 986-7677 and we will be on our way to help.