Mold Remediation Cottonwood Valley
Can mold be prevented?
Any building can have mold damage. Homes and businesses most susceptible have poor ventilation and high humidity. This is especially true in warm, humid climates.
We typically see mold in the following areas:
- Kitchens. We see mold under sinks, refrigerators, and freezers.
- HVAC. We see mold in air ducts, air conditioning drain pans, and compressor lies.
- Carpets, especially entry rugs or those in closets where wet shoes have been left.
- Entryways where condensation builds.
- Crawl spaces. Our mold inspectors will check for growth here.
- Attics where water heaters have leaks or there is a leaky roof.
- Properties with previous water damage that was not restored properly.
- Vehicles. We see mold in cars with uncleaned spills or leaks.
We are a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor that’s been serving DFW for over 30 years. Our team of mold remediation specialists are highly trained and will make sure your property or vehicle is safe.
SERVPRO of North Irving is a professional mold removal company and a trusted leader in the restoration industry. We are an expert home mold removal company and in commercial mold remediation. We have performed mold inspection and mold removal in all of Dallas Fort Worth including downtown Dallas, Waxahachie, Ennis, Arlington, Plano, Cottonwood Valley at Las Colinas, and other North Texas communities.
If you have a mold problem in your home or commercial property, give us a call. We’re the Texas Mold Remediation Contractor and mold experts to trust.
SERVPRO of North Irving
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (972) 986-7677
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or on a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens, irritants, and toxins.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Faster to Any Size Fire Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
Locally Owned, with National Resources
We are proud to be an active member of this community. SERVPRO of North Irving is locally owned and operated, so we’re already nearby and ready to help Cottonwood Valley residents and business owners with any size mold contamination.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Irving, TX
- Las Colinas, TX
- Valley Ranch, TX
- DFW Airport, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Irving Arts District, TX
- Northgate Heights, TX
- Fox Glen, TX
- Windsor Ridge, TX
- Cottonwood Valley, TX
- Valley Ranch, TX
Highly Trained Water and Mold Restoration Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly. Learn about our water and mold training and certificates.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
Step 1: Emergency Contact - (972) 986-7677
We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week to answer your phone call. Our consultant will guide you through this process, asking questions that will allow us to better understand your situation and to determine the needed equipment and personnel.
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
We carefully inspect your property for visible signs of mold. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view. We use various technologies to detect mold and hidden water sources.
Step 3: Mold Containment
Our professionals use various containment procedures to prevent the spread of mold. We may use advanced containment procedures like negative air chambers to isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process. All fans and heating and cooling systems will be turned off to prevent the spread of mold.
Step 4: Air Filtration
Our specialized filtration equipment allows our professionals to capture microscopic mold spores out of the air. We utilize powerful “air scrubbers” and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
Depending on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces involved, the mold remediation process can vary significantly. In general, we’ll use antifungal and antimicrobial treatments to eliminate mold colonies and to help prevent new colonies from forming. Depending on the severity of the infestation, we may need to remove drywall, carpeting, and other porous materials.
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Sanitizing
We clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, clothing, and other restorable items affected by mold, using a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and disinfect your belongings. We’re also trained to remove odors and provide deodorization using fogging equipment.
Step 7: Restoration
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may have been removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business. The restoration step gets your home or business back to normal.
SERVPRO knows Mold
Here at SERVPRO of North Irving we understand what it takes to properly remediate a mold situation in Cottonwood Valley, TX. Encountering mold can be worrisome for any homeowner, but SERVPRO is here to put your mind at ease. We have the right tools and trained professionals to get the job done right. Give us a call at (972) 986-7677 and we will be on our way to help.