How to Get Rid of Mold Using a Mold Contractor
How to Get Rid of Mold in Texas Using a Mold Contractor
Seeing mold in your residential or commercial property is never pleasant. Many questions go through the minds of our clients when they realize they need mold remediation services. We’re here to calm your concerns and help.
Do I really have mold?
The first thing we’ll do upon arrival is perform a mold inspection.
Mold is usually found in wet and dark places where water runs such as kitchens and bathrooms. If the area is undisturbed and has a lot of moisture in the air, the mold will find it a favorable place to start growing. We check high mold growth areas first.
Do you smell something musty? Mold tends to give off this smell. If you experience allergy type symptoms along with the smell, you may be sensitive and require a mold inspection quickly to start identifying the problem. Allergic symptoms include headaches, itchy eyes, sore throat, and a runny nose.
If you see mold or suspect you have mold, give us a call. We will schedule a time to inspect your property. All inspections are free.
Texas State Mold Law
Let’s say we do find mold on your property. One of two things will happen.
- The Mold is Under 25 Contiguous Feet
Contiguous means the mold is touching. Mold of this size requires no documentation to be filed with the State of Texas. This means we can begin mold remediation services immediately.
- The Mold is Over 25 Contiguous Feet
This size of mold falls under Texas Mold Assessment And Remediation Rules (TMARR), which requires:
- A Texas Licensed Mold Assessor to write a Mold Protocol. We cannot legally choose an assessor for you. Instead, we can give you a list of assessors for you to choose from.
- A Texas Licensed Mold Contractor (us) will file a Work Plan and schedule the job with the State of Texas. Once the Work Plan is filed, we must legally wait at least five (5) business days before starting the job.
- When we finish the mold remediation, the Mold Assessor has to check the cleaning to make sure it’s successful. If it is, they will issue a Clearance Document.
- The Texas Licensed Mold contractor (us) can then issue a Certificate of Mold Damage Remediation to you which documents the success of the mold cleanup. Keep this document and give a copy to your insurance provider. You’ll also want to hold on to it for any future home buyer to prove you’ve taken care of your mold problem correctly.
What type of mold do I have?
There are many types of mold. We treat all mold with the same high level of care, so we do not usually test for its type.
If you need to know the type of mold for any personal or medical reason, we can prepare for mold testing. We’ll get a mold sample prepared and deliver it to a Texas Licensed Mold Testing Laboratory. Results are usually available within 2-3 days. We do this for many of our clients, and we’re happy to provide you with this service upon request.
Will All Mold Be Removed?
Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally indoors and outdoors, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible. Many mold remediation companies advertise mold removal and guarantee to remove all mold. 100% mold removal is not possible.
To read more about removal versus remediation, click here.
Once you’re ready for mold remediation to begin, our team of experienced mold remediation specialists will walk you through the mold remediation process. We’ll do all we can to make sure everything goes smoothly and your life gets back to normal as quickly as possible. We provide:
- Mold inspection
- Mold testing
- Removal of mold on carpet
- Removal of mold on clothes
- Removal of mold behind baseboards
- Removal of mold in HVAC
- Attic mold removal
- Commercial mold remediation
Waiting for Mold Removal
What should you do until we arrive?
- Leave the area alone. Disturbing mold will cause its spores to fly into the air and spread. This usually happens when a homeowner tries to spray the mold with bleach.
- Do not apply any type of air movement.
- Give us a call as soon as you suspect or see mold. We can usually be there within hours or schedule an appointment for the following day.
Trusted Leader in Water Damage Restoration and Fire Damage Restoration in Dallas Texas
SERVPRO of North Irving is a water damage restoration and fire and smoke damage restoration company in Dallas Texas. We have performed work in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, McKinney, Grapevine, Waxahachie, Midlothian, Ennis, and other North Texas communities for over 30 years. We also have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor License and offer free mold inspections.
Our crews are available dispatch for 24 hour emergencies every day of the year. We can be reached 24/7 at (972) 986-7677. Call us any time!
“Like it never even happened.” only happens here.