End of Life or Unattended Death Cleanup Dallas
End of Life and Unattended Death Cleanup
No two jobs are ever alike, but at SERVPRO of North Irving, one thing remains constant -- our team’s professionalism, compassion, and respect for privacy. This is especially true when we receive requests from family members and friends asking us to clean and remediate their home after the death of a loved one.
Cleanup After the Funeral Home: Natural Causes
End of life events may or may not be in the presence of loved ones. At times, a person may unexpectedly pass away and time passes before the event has been discovered. In this case, the situation becomes a biohazard cleanup. Our team comes in after the funeral home has removed the body. At that point, it is our responsibility to remove all biohazard and bloodborne contaminated material in order to make the property safe.
Cleanup After The Coroner: Homicide, Suicide, or Suspicious Death
In other unfortunate instances, end of life events occur due to accidental trauma or involve a crime scene.
After the coroner is finished, our cleanup process remains the same:
- We wait to be granted access to the property. In most cases, this comes from a family member or the deceased’s trusted friend. In the case of a crime scene, we must have police approval before beginning any cleanup procedures.
- Death cleanups are not pleasant for anyone who knew the deceased, and we will do all we can to help them avoid the scene if they choose.
- Even if a family members or friend wants to be present, we do not ask anyone but our trained technicians to be present while the cleanup occurs.
- To avoid family member interaction with the cleanup scene until it’s finished, we arrange for access to the home or building using a secured method like a lock box.
- After we have access, we will complete a full assessment of the property.
- Then, we will remove all biohazard contaminated items, such as carpeting, clothing, bedding, furniture, etcetera.
- If needed, we will also remove any affected subfloors.
- If the death occurred on a top story, we will check the bottom story room for affected areas. If any are found, the same process continues in the room.
- The walls will also be cleaned and disinfected if affected.
- If any smell remains after affected items have been removed, we will perform odor removal and deodorization services in the property.
- If any flooring has had to be removed, our reconstruction team will rebuild the affected areas. We have rebuilt damaged walls, subfloors, and replaced carpeting and wood floors.
- If requested, the remainder of the home will also be deep cleaned, including air duct cleaning.
- Many times, the family simply wants to sell the property. This happens often and is understandable. In this instance, we will remove all items from inside the house. The items are packed up and moved to our cleaning facility for storage. The family can then have the items moved to another location, or they may authorize us to throw them away.
Cleanup with Hoarding
In the case of a hoarding situation, we will use specialized materials and techniques to lawfully clean and dispose of contaminated items.
Our team’s goal is to remove all affected items and smells so a family member doesn’t have to live with negative visual or sensory memories of their loved one’s passing.
Once affected items and smells have been taken care of, we notify the friend or family member. It is at this point that the property is safe for anyone to come in and begin to organize, clean, or remove the deceased’s belongings.
Moving Services and Storage Service
In some cases, we’re also asked to organize, document, clean, and pack all belongings and take them to long term storage. When the loved one is ready, we deliver all stored items at a location and time of their convenience.
We understand a family’s need for privacy during this time. If requested, we will perform our work in an unmarked vehicle to avoid attracting any unnecessary attention.
Trusted Leader in Water Damage Restoration and Fire Damage Restoration in Dallas Texas
SERVPRO of North Irving is a water damage restoration and fire and smoke damage restoration company in Dallas Texas. We have performed work in Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, McKinney, Grapevine, Waxahachie, Midlothian, Ennis, and other North Texas communities for over 30 years. We also have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor License and offer free mold inspections.
Our crews are available dispatch for 24 hour emergencies every day of the year. We can be reached 24/7 at (972) 986-7677. Call us any time!
“Like it never even happened.” only happens here.