Dallas Apartment Fire
What Should Renters Do After A Dallas Apartment Fire?
Fire damages can be devastating. Even when your home isn’t completely affected, fire damage victims still have to handle significant losses. When you’re a renter at an apartment complex, many questions may enter your mind:
- Is the apartment complex responsible for fire damage costs or am I?
- Does my insurance cover my fire damage?
- Where will I go?
- How will I get all my stuff back?
- How long will it take to get my apartment back?
Handling a fire damage can easily become overwhelming.
We’ve helped many renters that have experienced a fire in their apartment in all of Dallas. Our team knows how to work with apartment complexes, landlords, and insurance providers to help restore your life. We can help you, too.
Apartment Fires and Insurance Claims
When you call us to handle your fire damage restoration, you will be assigned a Project Fire Coordinator from our office. Their responsibility is to establish a relationship with your insurance adjuster. They will communicate with them day to day about the status of your claim. We’ll work with them to:
- Establish your fire damage restoration coverage.
- Ask for approval to clean and restore any contents that could be saved from the fire.
- Ask for approval to clean your smoke and fire damaged clothing.
- Ask for approval to store your contents as your apartment is being cleaned and restored.
- Process and close your fire damage claim.
Content Cleaning (Household Items)
Content is what we call everything that is inside your apartment. They are all the belongings you and your family have inside.
The first step when content cleaning is to identify all the items inside your apartment. We separate them into two categories:
- Salvageable. These are items that can be cleaned, deodorized, and sanitized. They are inventories and moved to our cleaning facility. Once they’re cleaned, we store them until you’re ready to receive them again.
- Unsalvageable. These are items that are permanently damaged and cannot be cleaned. We do our best to identify these items and report them to your insurance company so they can determine the replacement cost. Sometimes, the contents are so badly burnt that we cannot identify them. After we have identified everything we and send the inventory to your insurance company, we ask for your permission to dispose of them.
Smoke and Fire Damaged Clothing
Many fire damage restoration companies will offer to take your clothing and clean them after smoke and soot have affected them. If they offer this service, make sure they can perform the work in house, which means they have their own machines and trained technicians to do the job. If they can’t, these fire damage restoration companies will usually hire another company to complete this specialized work, which makes the process more expensive.
SERVPRO will not hire anyone else to clean your clothing. We are one of the few Esporta Wash System certified firms in Dallas. Our Esporta trained technicians will take all your clothing and textiles from your apartment and take them back to our cleaning facility for sanitation and smoke removal. When your clothes are cleaned, we will return them to you at your convenience. Our technicians have one of the highest rates of textile cleaning success at over 85% -- even better than traditional dry cleaners.
Moving Services & Storage
Our technicians will pack out everything in our apartment so it can be cleaned. They will take them back to our cleaning facility where your items will be deodorized and sanitized. When you can receive your items back again, we’ll be ready to deliver them to you.
Rush Item Cleaning and Delivery
We understand that while the fire damage restoration is taking place, you will need to resume normal activities like going to work and school. For this reason, we offer a rush item service, where our customers can request items they need, such as clothing, cleaned and delivered to them as soon as possible. We prioritize these items for cleaning and delivery them quickly, usually around 3 days.
Other Fire Cleanup Companies
We are trained and able to handle every part of your claim. From fire clean up, to smoke removal, to contents and textile cleaning, to moving services, storage, and reconstruction, we’ll be there. Not many other fire cleanup companies are able to do the same.
We are a full service fire cleanup company. With us, you won’t have to worry about coordinating handfuls of different people and companies to handle your claim. We know this will be a stressful time, so our promise to you is to simplify the process by assigning you a 3 Expert Team. Each of these team members will take care of all aspects of your project from beginning to end. Rest assured that if you ever have a question, they’ll have the answer.
- Project File Coordinator: they will work with your insurance company to process your claim.
- Restoration Manager: they will do the majority of the fire damage restoration process. They will clean all your contents, your apartment, and manage your move and storage.
- Reconstruction Manager: if they are needed, they will rebuild any damages to your apartment.
Trusted Leader in Fire Damage Restoration in Dallas Texas
SERVPRO of North Irving is a water damage restoration and fire and smoke damage restoration company in Dallas Texas. We have performed work in the Dallas community for over 30 years. With our crews responding immediately to jobs, we are faster to any size disaster. We also have a Texas Mold Remediation Contractor License and offer free mold inspections.
Our crews are available dispatch for 24 hour emergencies every day of the year. We can be reached 24/7 at (972) 986-7677. Call us any time!
“Like it never even happened,” only happens here.