How Much Does Hail Damage Repair Cost?
With a strong Dallas storm comes high winds, tornadoes, and sometimes hail. If we’re lucky the hail will be small and sparse, but when hail is large and abundant this causes severe damage to cars, windows, and roofing.
Here’s what you might expect with a hail damage quote for your home or business. Keep in mind that these figures do not reflect SERVPRO’s rates. The only way to get an accurate SERVPRO is for a representative to visit the damage for an in-person evaluation.
Ballpark Estimate for Hail Damage
According to Home Advisor, the average cost for hail damage to a home is $26,171 while the national average is only $8,702.
The typical range for hail damage to structures in Texas is $12,845 - $40,936. On the low end, a Texas homeowner will spend $9,531, but on the high end, it could cost up to $57,356.
Roof Repair Costs
When it comes to hail damage to a home or building, the roof takes the brunt of the beating from chunks of ice. Missing shingles, gutters, flashing and fixtures may all contribute to a roof repair from hail damage.
It’s best to have a professional go up on the roof and assess the damage as you might endanger yourself should you step through any soft spots.
- Asphalt shingles replacement: $1,700 to $8,400. (New shingles cost between $1 and $5 per square foot.)
- Metal roof repair (dents or punctures can cause leaks): ~ $300.
- Tile roof repair: $700 to $800 per square.
Sometimes hail hits the siding of a home or building. This repair has an average cost of $600 with labor being between $40 and $50 per hour.
- Wood Siding: ~ $9 per square foot plus labor at about $35 an hour.
- Aluminum and Metal Siding: Costs between $300 and $1,000 at $3 to $6 per square foot.
- Vinyl Siding: ~ $2 to $12 per square foot.
- Cement Fiber: Additional cost of 5% - 14% in materials amounting to about $150 per 100 square feet plus $300 to $850 for labor.
Deck or Porch Repair
Hail damage can ruin a deck or porch, especially when the lumber is old and weak in some spots. The average cost of deck repair is $1,500. As with the roof, it’s best that you have a professional survey the damage as walking on the deck may not be safe.
- Wood deck: Cedarwood runs between $5 and $15 per square foot and other hardwoods are up to $40 to $80 per square foot. Anchoring stairs add on a few hundred dollars more.
- Composite deck: Seal or spot treatments cost between $5 and $30. If the damage is bad enough to warrant replacement, this costs between $20 and $50 per square foot.
- Concrete patio or porch: $300 to $3,800.
What happens when large hail hits a window or ricochets into it after hitting something else? To replace a broken window costs between $100 to $649.
Call SERVPRO of Dallas for Storm Damage Restoration
As you’ve seen, repairing property damage from a hail storm is costly. For this reason, you should certainly file a claim with your insurance company. Be sure to take plenty of pictures and document everything.
SERVPRO is a preferred provider of storm and water damage restoration by major insurance companies. We work directly with the insurance company on your behalf to streamline the process.
Leave the hail damage recovery to us! Call SERVPRO of Dallas for 24/7 emergency contact at (972) 986-7677.