How Much Does it Cost to Clean Smoke Damage in Dallas
Both small and large house fires have this in common - they leave behind smoke damage. The smell of smoke lingers to remind you of the fire event, but smoke leaves behind more than just odor.
Smoke discolors walls and fixtures. Soot can have a corrosive effect on appliances and electronics. Also of concern is how soot affects your health when inhaled, which can cause an array of health effects.
How much does it cost to clean smoke damage? While you can easily look up the price to replace an appliance, electronics, and reconstruction material, smoke damage restoration cost isn’t as clear cut.
Smoke damage cleanup is a complex part of fire damage restoration in Dallas, TX. Use this guide to understand what is involved in smoke damage clean up cost.
Filing an Insurance Claim After a Fire or Smoke Damage Incident
Fire damage restoration costs quickly add up, so many property owners will be looking for ways to defray the expense. Hopefully, you already have insurance coverage on your home or business.
Once everyone is safe and sound, the next thing to do is begin the claims process.
- Contact your insurance company to initiate a claim filing. Insurance claims can be a long process, so the sooner you start the smoke claim process, the better.
- Suss out what your policy covers by confirming the details with the insurance representative.
- Call a trusted fire damage restoration company. SERVPRO Dallas has worked with numerous insurance adjusters, so we know the process inside and out. To make the process more efficient, we work with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Take photos and video to document the damage. This should only be done after the fire department has said it’s safe to renter the structure.
- Take notes about the damage and itemize the losses (furniture, electronics, clothing, etc.)
- Do your best to provide an accurate valuation of the items that were destroyed. You may need to go through your credit card statements/online order history to provide accurate value figures.
- Request a copy of the incident report from the fire department.
- If you have been temporarily displaced, keep the receipts for all of your expenses. Your insurance company may reimburse you for the cost of temporary relocation.
- Let your insurance company and fire damage restoration company handle the rest. SERVPRO will even safely store your belongings while the recovery process is underway.
Most of these steps are appropriate for major fire damage. You might still benefit from calling your insurance company for small fires.
Water Damage Restoration Costs
How is water damage relevant to the question, “How much does it cost to clean smoke damage?” When you think about fire damage, you may think of a bone dry environment with scorched material everywhere you look.
When there has been a major fire event, there is likely to be water damage as well. This usually comes from a fire sprinkler system or a firehose. The water that snuffs out the flames drenches everything.
A fire hose can release around 150 gallons per minute. That can easily damage your property the same way a major rainstorm would.
How much does water damage repair cost alongside fire damage repair costs? In the Dallas area, the average cost for water damage remediation is $3,014. It’s $450 on the low end vs. $11,000 on the high end. This is about what it would cost compared to the national average ($2,976).
The above estimates are from external data sources and don’t necessarily reflect SERVPRO’s rates. Contact us anytime for our pricing information.
How Much Does Smoke Remediation Cost?
Professional smoke removal includes scrubbing the walls and floors with industrial smoke treatment cleaners. What cannot be restored will need to be replaced with new materials. Air scrubbing may also be necessary. SERVPRO can even recover certain electronics.
How much does it cost to clean smoke damage in Dallas? The current average for fire damage repair costs in the Dallas area is $13,730. That is $800 on the low end and as much as $106,500 on the high end. This is about the same as the national average ($13,566).
These estimates may not include other costs such as water damage repair, home reconstruction, storage for belongings, and temporary housing expenses.
Keep in mind that these fire damage restoration estimates are from a third party and do not necessarily align with SERVPRO’s rates. To get an idea of what we would charge for smoke remediation, contact us any time.
Deodorizing and Ozone Smoke Removal Costs
Smoke odor is a nagging reminder of the fire event, but smoke in the air can also trigger allergies. Removing and cleaning fire damaged items and materials will eliminate much of the odor, but perhaps not all of it.
How much does it cost to clean smoke damage (when you’re removing the remaining odor)?
On average, the cost to remove smoke smell from a house (professionally) is between $200-$100. For ozone smoke removal, the costs range from $200-$400.
Contact SERVPRO for Fire and Smoke Damage Repair in Dallas, TX
Smoke damage is an eyesore and has a strong odor. Soot is so damaging that just getting rid of the burnt pieces is not enough. We must also tend to what smoke has damaged and remove the remnants it leaves behind (especially the smell).
After a fire event, you should contact your insurance company right away and then call a reputable fire damage restoration company to get started on the recovery process right away.
When you call on SERVPRO for Dallas fire damage restoration, you not only hire a company with decades of local experience, but you also get:
- Emergency services: roof tarp, board-up, and live security (to prevent secondary losses).
- Fire cleanup services
- Fire smoke odor deodorization
- Move-out, move-in storage
- Sanitation of all belongings
- Textile restoration
- Electronic restoration services
- 1 point contact - Keep track of the whole process by contacting just one person!
- Faster service. Because we offer all of the services needed for fire damage restoration, we can make the process more efficient so you get back to life as usual sooner.
- Lower costs. The savings we gain by being more efficient is passed on to the customer.
- Higher customer satisfaction. We make it, “Like it never even happened.”
How much does it cost to clean smoke damage? The best way to get an accurate answer to this question is to call us at (972) 986-7677 for pricing info. We’re here to take your call around the clock, 365 days per year. Contact us any time!