Does Homeowners Insurance Cover Smoke Damage in Dallas?
Many homeowner's insurance policies cover the cost of smoke damage restoration. Ask your insurance company to verify if it's part of your policy.
What Does Smoke Remediation Cost?
The cost of smoke remediation largely depends on the size of the area that needs to be cleaned. Larger spaces have higher costs. Professional fire restoration companies also take other considerations into account when estimating the cost of smoke remediation, including:
- The type of smoke and soot particles needing to be cleaned. Smoke and soot is produced by the incomplete combustion of the burning material, and different materials produce different types of soot. Fires involving oil, grease, and plastics are harder to clean up and, therefore, will likely result in a higher cost.
- Where the fire happened. If the area has a lot of items that also need fire smoke cleanup, then expect higher costs.
- If repairs are needed. Many small fires where the restoration process just involves smoke remediation don’t need repairs. If something does need to be repaired (like a wall), then that will increase your cost of fire damage restoration.
- Did the smoke get into your air duct system? An experienced fire cleanup company will know to inspect your air ducts. If soot has settled inside, you’ll also need to add the cost of professional air duct and HVAC cleaning to your estimate.
- How was the fire put out? Many fires get put out with water. If that also ended up causing a flood in your property, then water damage restoration will also be needed. If the fire was put out with an extinguisher, that involves its own cleanup as well.
Schedule an Estimate for Professional Smoke Removal
We offer free estimates for smoke and fire damage restoration in Dallas and surrounding areas. Inspections are in-person, and our fire damage experts can be at your property when it's convenient for you.
Give us a call today at (972) 986-7677 or contact us online to schedule a fire cleanup inspection.
Filing a Claim for Fire Damage Restoration in Dallas
If your smoke damage is substantial, you may want to consider filing an insurance claim. The first step is to contact your insurance company and let them know what’s happened. Your insurance company will give you a claim number and the name and phone number of the adjuster assigned to process your claim.
The fire damage restoration company you choose to clean your property is your choice. Your insurance company must honor the company of your choice.
After you have your claim information, give the restoration company of your choice a call.
If you call us, we will send a fire damage expert to inspect your property and put together a free fire cleanup bid. That estimate is sent to your adjuster, who will either deny or approve it.
The process to finish an estimate takes just a couple of days, but your adjuster and insurance company may take longer to look at the estimate and approve it.
What if Insurance Doesn’t Cover Smoke Damage Clean Up Cost?
If your insurance company doesn’t say that smoke damage is a covered part of your claim, we will work with you directly to find a way to make your cleanup and restoration possible.
- 0% interest financing
- Payment Plans
Fire Damage Repair
If your property suffered damage, our reconstruction division will repair everything. We can repair small damages to fully-affected buildings. Typical fire damage restoration repairs include:
- Drywall repair and new paint
- Ceiling repair
- Roof repair or replacement
- Floor replacement
Most repairs are covered under an insurance claim. We will work closely with your insurance company to process your claim and get your property back to preloss condition.
We’re a Fire Restoration Company in Dallas
We’re a SERVPRO in Dallas headquartered minutes from downtown. Our franchise is independently owned and operated, and we have been serving our hometown of North Texas since 1986. We live and work in your community, and we’re always here to help our neighbors.
We’re a full-service fire damage restoration company with decades of experience. Our technicians are IICRC certified and available 24-hours a day, every day of the year.
Give us a call today at (972) 986-7677.
We’re Here to Help.